- Establishing a talent pipeline of qualified individuals with disabilities is important for federal employers to ensure that they can meet their human capital needs now and in the future. A key component of creating this pipeline is ensuring that your agency’s online systems and content are accessible to your targeted hiring populations.
On March 18, 2020, EARN hosted a webinar to explore Section 508 standards that govern accessibility of federal information and communications technology (ICT), including what these standards address and why they are important for outreach and recruitment. Guest presenters reviewed what makes online content accessible to job seekers with disabilities and shared practical examples federal agencies can use to ensure recruitment and outreach efforts are accessible for all job seekers with disabilities.
- Timothy Creagan, Senior Accessibility Specialist, US Access Board
- Corinne Weible, Co-Director, Partnership on Employment & Accessible Technology (PEAT)
- Moderated by Kathleen Lee, EARN Compliance, Technical Assistance, and Training Specialist
Related EARN Resources
- A Roadmap for Developing Effective Collaborations & Partnerships to Advance the Employment of Individuals with Disabilities in the Federal Sector (PDF)
- The Federal Government as a Model Employer of People with Disabilities: Research-Based Practices and Strategies (PDF)